NAVIGATING COMPLEX FAMILY LAW MATTERS
When individuals decide to separate, they need to find a way to dissolve a union that often took years to build on an expedited timeline. With so many factors involved, the process of splitting a life that was built together is often complex. Having the right legal counsel on your side can make all the difference.
The attorneys at Brown Weimer LLC in New Orleans have been helping people throughout Louisiana tackle complex divorce and family law issues for more than 30 years. We will guide you step by step through the family restructuring process, looking out for your interests. We place a priority on being responsive to our clients. We know this is a sensitive time and you will have questions. We are here to answer them.
Helping Louisiana Families With Divorce Related Issues
Throughout our years in practice, we have helped individuals with just about every kind of issue possible in family law. The complex divorce matters we handle include:
- Divorce — We will guide you through the marital dissolution process in Louisiana. We work to achieve your goals now and in the future.
- Simple divorce — Divorce doesn’t need to be a long and expensive process. We can help you obtain a quick divorce.
- Military divorce — There are special considerations for people divorcing while in the military. Child custody and division of military benefits are just a couple of the issues we can help you resolve.
- Divorce for professionals — Divorcing professionals often have significant assets and complex finances that require special consideration. We can help you devise fair separation strategies.
- Child custody and visitation — We help individuals successfully negotiate child custody agreements.
- Child support — Louisiana’s child support guidelines are dependent on an ability to accurately measure income. Our attorneys will help you understand your rights and accurately calculate support.
- Spousal support — As with child support, the state also uses guidelines to determine the amount and duration of spousal maintenance.
- Community property division — Division of marital property is often challenging. We have experience helping individuals uncover hidden assets to ensure an equitable division of property in divorce. We are experienced with helping educators, police officers and other members of the law enforcement community concerned about protecting their retirement assets in divorce.
Additional Family Law Services
We focus our practice on the best interests of the child, including their financial needs, and can provide tutorship services. If you would like to expand your family through stepparent or grandchild adoption, our lawyers can ensure the adoption meets all legal requirements.
Our lawyers can help you resolve paternity issues. Whether you wish to establish paternity or dispute a paternity claim, we are ready to help. We also offer post-divorce modification and enforcement services. If your former spouse is not meeting their support obligations, our lawyers can help you collect the support you are owed.
Talk To Our Attorneys
The attorneys at Brown Weimer LLC provide a full range of legal services to assist you with your family law needs. Talk to an attorney at our New Orleans office today by calling (504) 561-8700 or reach out to our firm online.